BIENVENUE A MONTREAL ET A L’UNIVERSITE CONCORDIA! WELCOME TO MONTREAL AND CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY!
The International Students Office (ISO) welcomes all new international students. We hope that you will enjoy your time with us and consider the ISO your home away from home. Our staff is here to answer your questions, to help you adapt to Concordia and Montreal, and to contribute towards a successful academic and personal experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
Once you arrive
- If your studies at Concordia are longer than 6 months, log into your Student Hub to upload your CAQ (called Certificat d’acceptation du Québec in your Student Hub) and Study Permit no later than the DNE deadline of your first term.
- If your studies are 6 months or less, log into your Student Hub to upload the biographical page of your current Passport.
- Looking for a new home? The Concordia Student Union’s Off-Campus Housing and Job Bank (HoJo) firstname.lastname@example.org is a good place to start your apartment search.
- Don’t forget to update your Student Hub with your new Montreal address and telephone number.
- Attend as many orientation events and workshops as possible to start on the right foot. Orientation is a series of events that take place at the beginning of the fall and winter terms. The events are designed to help you dive into the university experience, meet other new students, and feel ready for your first year at Concordia. Check out Concordia’s Orientation page for a complete list of events: https://www.concordia.ca/students/success/new/orientation.html
Events and Workshops for new international students
- Know your immigration obligations
- Get to know your health insurance plan!
- Working in Canada
- Social events (walking tours, games, etc.)
- Much more!
For a complete list of ISO events, check out Events Calendar at https://www.concordia.ca/students/international/events.html
GETTING TO THE ISO FROM THE AIRPORT
- Take a taxi
- Take the 747 Express bus from Montreal-Trudeau Airport, direction towards downtown.
- Get off at the second stop “Guy / René-Lévesque”.
- Walk two blocks north on Guy Street to reach the downtown campus, Sir George Williams Campus.
- The ISO is located in the Guy Metro Building (Room GM-330, 1550 de Maisonneuve Boulevard West).
T 514-848-2424 ext. 3515
HOUSING AND TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION
Moving to a new city is an exciting experience. Whether you decide to live on or off campus, there are many factors to consider, and we encourage you to take some time to research your options to find out what will best suit your needs and lifestyle.
Take a look at our Housing Options page for more information: https://www.concordia.ca/students/international/immigration/new-concordia-students/housing.html